Cycling in Kensington and Sydney, in general, can be very dangerous if proper precautions are not taken. However, there are some tips and tricks that might just save your life.
Below is a standard checklist you must complete before going out on the road:
- Protect your head! Don’t go out without a helmet and protect yourself from a head injury. Required by NSW law, you are to wear an approved helmet or risk committing an offense.
- Wear visible colors. Don’t blend in with the road! Wear brighter colors so drivers can easily spot you.
- Plan your route. Plan your trip beforehand to see which roads are safest for cyclists.
- Maintain bike condition. Keep your bike in good condition to ensure it is roadworthy.
- Penalty awareness. Be aware of the penalties you can commit when cycling in Sydney.
For more info on regulations visit http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/bicycles/safety-rules/penalties.html )